Mercy Aigbe is one of Nollywood actress, movie director, producer, model and businesswoman. She is also best known for starring in Yoruba movies.
Mercy Aigbe can be easily spotted out from the crowd due to her outstanding style of fashion. In this article we will let you in to details about Mercy’s biography and net worth.
Mercy Aigbe Profile
- Full Name: Mercy Aigbe
- Age: 42 years old
- Nationality: Nigerian
- State of Origin: Edo
- State of residence: Lagos
- Marital status: Married
- Occupation: Actress, director and businesswoman.
Mercy Aigbe Age
Mercy Aigbe was born on the 1st of January, 1978 in Edo State. She is comes from Benin city the capital of Edo State. She is the second child in a family of five.
Mercy Aigbe Education
After her basic education, Mercy attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School Ikeja, Lagos, where she completed her secondary education.
Mercy attended The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State and obtained her OND in Financial Studies.
Due to her passion for acting she attended The University of Lagos and obtained a degree in Theater Arts.
Mercy Aigbe Career
After her tertiary education, Mercy went into acting in 2006. She has starred in many Yoruba movies such as; Afefe Ife (2008), Okanjua (2008), Atunida Leyi (2009), Igberaga (2009), Ihamo (2009), Ìpèsè (2009), Iró funfun (2009).
Other movies including Mafisere and Oju ife in 2009, Omoge Osas (2012), Ile Oko Mii (2014), Victims (2015), The Screenplay (2017), Little Drops of Happy (2017), 200 Million (2018), Second Acts (2018), Lagos real fake life (2018) and many more.
Due to Mercy’s passion for an outstanding performance, she set up a drama school in 2016 titled “Mercy Aigbe Gentry School of Drama” .
Mercy as a business woman with a high taste for fashion, owns a clothing store called “Mag Divas Boutique” located in Lagos with a branch in Ibadan.
Mercy Aigbe Relationship
Mercy Aigbe got married to a Nigerian hotelier, Lanre Gentry in 2013. Their union is blessed with two children (Juwon Gentry and Michelle Aigbe) and three stepdaughters.
Four years after the marriage, Aigbe uploaded photos of herself after allegedly being assaulted by her spouse.
This led to separation on the bases of domestic violence. She later pioneer a campaign to fight against domestic violence.
Mercy Aigbe Achievement
- Mercy Aigbe received the Best Actress in Yoruba award at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
- In 2010, Mercy Aigbe won the Best Actress in a supporting Role (Yoruba).
- In 2014, Mercy won the Best Indigenous Language (Yoruba).
- Mercy being talented Yoruba movies was nominated for the Best Actress in an Indigenous Movie Nomination (non-English speaking language in 2012.
- In 2015, Mercy Aigbe received the City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the year.
- In 2015, due to her classic fashion adornments, Mercy received the Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year Awarded by Links and Glitz World Awards.
Mercy Aigbe Net Worth
Mercy Aigbe has an estimated net worth of $600,000.