Paul McCartney is one of the most outstanding English singer, songwriter, musician, composer, record and film producer in the world.
Paul McCartney became famous worldwide as he was the co-lead vocalist and bassist for of the world’s best band “Beatles”. In this article we will let you into the facts about Paul’s biography and net worth.
Paul McCartney Profile
Full Name: Sir. James Paul McCartney CH MBE.
Age: 78 years old
State of Origin: Liverpool, United Kingdom.
State of residence: United kingdom.
Marital status: Married.
Occupation: Singer, songwriter, musician producer, composer and a businessman.
Paul McCartney Age
Paul McCartney was born on 18th of June, 1942 at Walton Hospital in the Walton area of Liverpool. Paul has two siblings a younger brother, Michael and a step sister Ruth.
Paul’s mother Mary Patricia (née Mohin), was a qualified nurse(midwife).Paul was very close to his mum, who unfortunately passed away in 1956, due to complications from a surgery for breast cancer.
Paul’s father, James (“Jim”) McCartney, was a firefighter and the founder of Jim Mac’s Jazz Band in the 1920’s.
Paul McCartney Education
Paul McCartney attended Stockton Wood Road Primary School in Speke from 1947 until 1949. Paul was transferred to Joseph Williams Junior School in Belle Vale due to the over population at Stockton.
In 1953, Paul was one of the only three merited students out of 90 to pass the 11-Plus exam. This gave Paul the golden platform of attending Liverpool Institute (a grammar school) instead of a secondary modern school.
During Paul McCartney years in school, he was good at art assignments, often earning top accolades for his visual work.
However, Paul lacks discipline which had a negatively impact on his academic grades, thus preventing him from earning admission to art college.
Paul McCartney Career
Paul McCartney started off his career as a member of the Quarrymen in 1957, after he met John Lennon and his band which later changed their name to the Beatles in 1960. He began with the 1967 album Sgt.
Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and steadily grew to become the Beatles’ de facto leader as the leader Lennon lost his grip in leading. Paul was always bringing outstanding creativity life to the Beatles’ music and video projects.
Out of many songs produced by his band, songs like “And I Love Her” in 1964, “Yesterday” in 1965, “Eleanor Rigby” in 1966 and “Blackbird” in 1968 stood out as the best covered songs in history. In 1970, Paul announced to his group about leaving the group. On the 9th of January, 1975 an English court dissolved the group.
As the court was looking into the case, Paul McCartney released his first solo album McCartney in 1970. During this period, Paul was the leader of Wings.
The band “Wings” was ranked as one of the best and outstanding bands of the decade. They had over twelve international top 10 singles and albums.
Paul McCartney went back to his solo career journey in 1980. From 1989, he has been touring together with Linda constantly as a solo artist.
In 1993, Paul founded the music duo the Fireman with Youth of Killing Joke. Paul has written or co-written 32 songs that have reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In 2009, Paul McCartney has had sales of 25.5 million RIAA-certified units in the United States.
In 2017, Paul McCartney appeared in the adventure film “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”, which was released in 2017.
Paul McCartney released two songs On 20th of June 2018, “I Don’t Know” and “Come On to Me”, from his album Egypt Station, which was released via Capitol Records.
Paul McCartney album “Egypt Station” was his first album in 36 years to rank the Billboard 200, and his first to appear at number one.
Aside music, Paul’s heart is poured out into projects, that promotes international charities related to animal rights, seal hunting, land mines, vegetarianism, poverty, and music education.
Paul McCartney Relationship
Paul was married to Linda Eastman in 1969, who unfortunately passed away in 1998 at the age of 56 due to breast cancer.
Linda and Paul formed the band “Wings” and his union with Linda was blessed with Heather (legally adopted), Mary, Stella and James.
Paul McCartney, after Linda’s death got married to Heather Mills in 2002, who was a former model and anti-landmine campaigner.
Paul’s union with Heather Mills was blessed with a daughter, Beatrice Milly. However, they were divorced in March, 2008.
On the 9th of October, 2011, Paul got married to Nancy Shevell, whom he has known for 20 years.
Paul McCartney Achievement
McCartney is without an iota of doubt one of the most successful composers and performers of all time.
- Paul McCartney was appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire in 1965. He was also knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1997 for his services to music.
- Paul McCartney honours include two inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of the Beatles in 1988 and as a solo artist in 1999).
- In 1979, the Guinness Book of World Records recognised Paul McCartney as the “most honored composer and performer in music”.
- In 1988, Paul McCartney received an Honorary Doctor of the University degree from University of Sussex.
- In 2000, Paul received Fellowship into the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. Paul has received 18 Grammy Awards.Nine as a member of the Beatles, Six as a solo artist, Two as a member of Wings, One as part of a joint collaboration.
- In 2008, Paul McCartney received the BRIT Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music. Also in the same year, Paul received an Honorary Doctor of Music degree from Yale University.
- In 2009, Guinness World Records again recognised Paul McCartney as the “most successful songwriter”.
- In 2010, Paul McCartney received Gershwin Prize for his contributions to popular music. Also in the same year, he received Kennedy Center Honors.
- In 2012, Paul McCartney received three awards; Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Légion d’Honneur for his services to music and MusiCares Person of the Year.
In 2015, an asteroid was named after Paul McCartney “4148 McCartney” by the International Astronomical Union’s Minor Planet Center.
- In 2017, Paul was appointed Member of the Order of the Companions of Honour (CH) in the 2017 Birthday Honours for services to music.
Paul McCartney is the only artist to be ranked the UK number one as a soloist, duo, trio, quartet, quintet and as part of a musical ensemble for charity.
Paul McCartney Net Worth
Paul McCartney is one of the wealthiest musicians in the world in 2020 with an estimated net worth of £800 million.