Nollywood is by far one of the biggest industries in Nigeria, in terms of movie production and cinematography, it’s considered to be the biggest in Africa. The Industry is packed with a lot of beautiful and well-talented ladies.
These ladies had gone through a lot to get to where they are now. Making a name for your self doesn’t come easy, or cheap. One of these ladies happens to Rukky.
This article would be centered on Rukayat Akinsanya, as we would be discussing her biography, her net worth, and get to know who this astonishing woman is. So sit back, relax, and enjoy!!!
- Name: Rukayat Akinsanya
- Stage name: Rukky Sanda
- Date of Birth: 23rd August 1984
- State of Origin: Lagos State
- Nationality: Nigeria
- Net worth: $5 million
Rukayat Akinsanya, also known as Rukky Sanda, is a Nollywood actress, a producer, movie director, philanthropist, and entrepreneur. Rukky was born on 23rd August 1984 in Ikorodu, Lagos.
Ikorodu is located in the western part of Nigeria. Rukky was born into a polygamous home and happened to be a Muslim, and she is currently 33 years old.
Rukky Sanda can be seen as one of the very talented, beautiful, and creative actors in the Industry. She grew up in Lagos state, where she finished her First Leaving Certificate and her West African Senior School Certificate.
Few years after her primary and senior school, she proceeded to Lagos State University, where she studied Banking and Finance and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in 2007. However, in 2004, Rukky Sanda had joined the movie industry, and was already impacting in the Industry.
Some of her movies include
- Lethal Women
- Obscure Motives
- Miami Heat
- Keeping My Man
- White Chapel
- Campus Love
- The seekers
- Legal War
- What’s Within
- Gold Digging and lots more
Like many other movie stars, Rukky Sanda can also is considered to be a hustler, before she went into acting, she was doing various businesses, one of these businesses was buying and selling of clothes, and fashion accessories.
Now Rukky Sanda owns her own production company “Rukky Sanda Company” and “Rukky Sanda Studio” where filmmakers use for some movie clips, renting of standard movie equipment, and editing studio for post-production.
Rukky had written and produced countless movies, and she is known to be one of the most productive actresses in Nollywood. She created the movie “Lethal Woman” in 2008, “Obscure Motives” in 2009, “Lovelorn” in 2012, “Miami Heat,” and “keeping my man” in 2013.
Rukky Sanda sees marriage as a sacred union. She considers it to be one of the most beautiful things; She is not the type to discriminate when it comes to love and religion.
Rukky told the media that her first boyfriend was in SS1, but the relationship ended there. According to her, her first real relationship was in 1999, when she dated a guy at the University.
Still, they both parted ways a few years after, when she realized that the relationship wasn’t heading anywhere. In the year 2007, a rumor was flying around that Rukky and American Hip Hop singer Akon, but she dismissed said rumors.
In the year 2014, she was also rumored to be in a sexual relationship with Tonto Dike. Still, in an interview, she declared Tonto to be a very close friend and took her to stand, when she said she hated lesbianism, and that she had no sexual, or romantic feeling towards the star Tonto Dike.
Facts about Rukky
- She is a graduate of Banking and Finance from the University of Lagos
- She is a producer, and her first movie, “Lethal Woman,” cost her three million nairas (₦ 3 million) to produce.
- She had been into business before he got into the movie world, her business was quite substantial, her mum really helped boost her up, though she paid her back though, so there weren’t any sentiment
- She has seven piercing and some tattoos
- H first boyfriend was in SS1
- The best advice she had ever receive was from her mum “At the end of the day, only you matter, don’t ever let anyone make you feel like what you have.”
- She admits to being a none practicing Muslim that prays five times a day, but she remains a Muslim still
- She had acted in over a hundred movies
- She owns a house in Lekki
- She purchased a 35 million naira Range Rover Sports
Life outside Nollywood
Rukky is a businesswoman and also believes that one has to give back to those that don’t have. One time she revealed in an interview how she feeds one hundred people every week, according to her, when they cook the food, it is usually taken to homeless people.
The financing comes from her, while her mum does the heavy lifting (cooking).
In her course of acting, Rukky Sanda had won some awards for herself which include
- African Movie Academy Awards for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Best Actress in Nigeria at The African Magic Viewers Choice Award
- Most Promising Actress I Nigeria at The City People Entertainment Awards
Being a businesswoman means thinking not just like an actress, but she also has the brains and eyes for where to invest in. Rukky is one of the most influential actresses, with an estimate of a whooping sum of $5 million to her name.
Rukky Sanda is one of the biggest Nigerian female stars in the industry, with lots of influence both socially and physically on the Nigerian populace. Have anything to say about Rukky Sanda’s net worth, biography, or any other thing that has been discussed? Please leave a comment below.