Victoria Kimani is a Nigerian based Kenyan artist and actress, previously signed to Chocolate City record label based in Nigeria. The talented songwriter and singer was popularly referred to as the first lady of Chocolate City.
She has also had considerable success in her musical career and also has a unique music style. We will explore Victoria Kimani net worth, biography, age, early childhood, education, family, music career, songs, albums, and other things you don’t know about the first lady of Chocolate City.
Victoria Kimani Profile
- Name: Victoria Kimani
- Date Of Birth: July 28, 1985
- Nationality: Kenya
- Career: Singing, Songwriting, Acting
- Net worth: $3 million
Victoria Kimani Biography
Victoria was born on July 28, 1985, in Los Angeles, California, United States, to clergy parents. She has two older siblings, and the family spent part of their lives in Benin, Edo State, Nigeria, where her parents were doing missionary work.
Victoria Kimani began to sing at the age of 9, and at the age of 16, she was already an instrumental member of the church choir, writing songs and being a backup singer.
Victoria Kimani Career
Victoria Kimani started singing at an early age. She recorded her first song titled “How I Feel” at the age of 16.
At 17, she did a backup for a legendary Kenyan singer, Mercy Macah, then accompanied her on tour in Kenya and other African countries.
Before joining Chocolate City Music Record, she first signed up with Los Angeles-based Laker Ross artistry. After moving from the United States to Africa, she chose to settle in Nigeria rather than her native country, Kenya, because she believes Nigeria is the Hollywood of Africa, thus having a better chance of achieving her goal of being a Pan-African artist.
On May 13, 2015, along with seven other African musicians, Victoria Kimani, Cobhams Asuqu, and a team from ONE.org, came together in South Africa to record the song “Strong Girl,” a song that conveys the messages about the need for empowering women in the world.
Victoria Kimani is known for addressing women’s empowerment and machismo openly. She also identified widely with the “ONE campaign” and also said that women find it difficult to survive because of the career opportunities available to them.
The other artists in the song include Yemi Alade, Waje, Vanessa Mdee, Blessing Nwafor, Gabriela, Arielle T, Selmor Mtukudzi, Judith Sephuma, and also popular Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde.
In December 2017, Victoria Kimani announced that she was parting ways with her record label, Chocolate City, after her contract expired. She said it was time to make music independently without splitting the money.
Victoria Kimani is also into acting and made her first appearance in a movie titled, ‘7 Inch Curve’. Now we now why Victoria Kimani net worth increased.
Victoria Kimani Songs And Albums
Victoria Kimani has done several projects and also recorded a lot of songs. Some of her songs include;
- Oya ft. MI
- Hate Me ft. Pryse
- Open Up Your Heart
- F.U.M.F” ft. Loose Kaynon
- Do What You Do ft. Banky W
- Trayvon ft. Kimya & Bamboo
- Freaks ft. Wyre
- Prokoto ft. Ommy Dimpoz and Diamond Platnumz
- Vex with Cynthia Morgan and Emma Nyra
- Her ft. Milli
- Loving You ft. Ice Prince
- Two of Dem
- Booty Bounce
- All the Way ft. Khuli Chana
- Walahi (Cover)
Some of Victoria Kimani music collaborations include:
- Merry Christmas Nosa ft. Victoria Kimani
- Her Milli ft. Victoria Kimani
- Taking Over Dama Do Bling ft. Victoria Kimani
- Best Nadia ft. Victoria Kimani and M.I
Victoria Kimani Awards And Nominations
Nigerian based, Kenyan artist, Victoria Kimani is one of the successful artists in the industry, and some of her awards include:
- Most Gifted Newcomer Video at the Channel O Music Video Awards, ‘Mtoto,’ 2013
- Most Gifted R&B Video at the Channel O Music Video Awards, ‘Oya,’ 2013
- Best Female Artist (East Africa) at the Africa Musik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Female Artist at the Africa Musik Awards, 2015
- Best International Female Artist at the African Entertainment Awards USA, 2015
- Best Female Artist – East Africa at the Kora Awards
Victoria Kimani Net Worth
Victoria Kimani is among the most successful Nigerian based female artists. As of 2020, Victoria Kimani net worth is estimated to be $3 million.